POSITION TITLE :
Building Services Manager
To install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings in a safe, economical and proficient manner. Relieve the Essential Services Officer with water and sewerage issues as required.
· In consultation with the Building ServicesManager or equivalent, carry out plumbing maintenance and repair work onbuildings within allocated timeframes.
· Perform plumbing work within the scope of yourclassification including, but not limited to:
· Installation, repairs and maintenance on waterpipelines, water tanks, sinks, tubs, toilets, plumbing fixtures, plumbing appliances,plumbing trim, underground storm sanitary systems, water piping systems, watertreatment equipment, piping and controls and other as required.
· Review of building plans and specifications todetermine the layout for plumbing and related materials.
· Locate and mark positions for connections andfixtures.
· Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixturesand equipment.
· Selection of the plumbing requirements (e.g.type and size of pipe) so as to ensure all installations, repairs andmaintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
· Regular testing of pipe systems and fixtures forleaks according to Queensland Standards,
· Ensure all works are carried out to agreedstandards and in accordance with Council’s specifications.
· Ensure that all vehicles, plant, tools andassociated equipment are used in an appropriate manner and kept in good workingcondition.
· Work in small teams and alone, prioritisingtasks to meet time schedules and within budget.
· Assist the Building Services Manager inmaintaining accurate records of building maintenance and repairs.
· Advise the Building Services Manager of anyrequirements for maintenance or repairs as soon as they become apparent.
· Correctly complete all administrative processeson upgrades and council project jobs for entry into the building maintenancemanagement system.
· Work with other staff, Apprentices and/or TradeAssistants as required to ensure that works are completed within set timeframes, budgets and to Council standards.
· Have staff discussions without bias and makerecommendations for solutions as required.
· Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
· Provide and keep updated Safe Work MethodStatements and Job Safety Analysis documents applicable to your area ofresponsibility.
· Perform housekeeping duties to ensure that workareas and work sites are maintained in a clean condition and clear of hazardsand debris and that tools and equipment are tidied at the end of each day.
· Ensure all incidents and near misses arereported to the WHS Officer or equivalent, and that environmental incidents arereported to the relevant authorities.
· Complete all Council documentation accuratelyand timely, including time sheets, leave forms and over time / TOIL requestsand documentation.
• Trade qualifications as a plumber.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a qualified tradesperson.
• Sound time management and workload prioritisation skills.
• Sound written and oral communication skills, and an ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• A current Class “C” Class Drivers Licence (Manual).
• Ability to obtain and retain a Working with Children Blue Card if required.
• Agree to a Commonwealth Police Check.
• Current holds or able to obtain a White Card (Construction Safety Induction).
• Current Occupational Immunisations e.g. Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or be willing to obtain.
Applications Close at 5pm on the 30th April 2023
Applicants must prepare a cover letter that responds to the Selection Criteria found in the Application Pack.
Applications that do not include a cover letter and address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applicants are to submit their resume and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria to
For more information, contact the HR team on 07 4090 5600